Sometimes, these SDHC cards gives you formatted error messages like “Format error”, “Memory card not formatted”. Generally, these formatted error messages will get when you try to open the corrupted SDHC memory card. SDHC cards may get corrupted either by knowingly or unknowingly. However, you can recover data after SDHC card not formatted error message, using SDHC Card Recovery software.
Reasons behind memory card corruption
- Improper Ejection of Card: While data is getting moved from SDHC card to computer or vice versa, if you pull out the SDHC card abruptly without any intimation, then memory card may get corrupt. When you try to open the corrupted SDHC card it gives you format error message
- Virus Attacks: Virus attacks are the most common problem responsible for corruption of memory card. If your memory card is infected by a virus assaults, then it is clear that your card has been corrupted. When you want to open the files present in SDHC card, which has corrupted, it sends error messages like “Memory card not initialized” or “Format error”
- File System corruption: Every storage device contains its own file system to manage data stored in it. If file system gets corrupt due to various reasons like sudden power surges, improper system shut down, etc., then this type of error may leads to get corrupt your SDHC card. At that time when try to watch the files resided in card, it through you error message like “Disk drive is empty. Do you want to format it?”
Besides the above common reasons, there are also many other factors such as, bad sectors, etc., leads to memory card corruption. In any case you can recover files from corrupted SDHC memory card that shows not formatted error using SDHC Card Recovery software.
Steps to recover data from corrupted SDHC card
- You can Download and install the free demo version SDHC Card Recovery software on the computer for recovering files from corrupted SDHC card. And connect your SDHC card to the computer through memory card reader, then run the software and follow the steps which you will get on the screen. Select “Recover Files” on the first step
- By clicking on “Recover Files”, you will get two choices as “Recover Deleted Files” and other is “Recover Lost Files”
- If you want to recover deleted files from SDHC card, then you can choose “Recover Deleted Files”, if you want to recover lost files, then you can select “Recover Lost Files”. But here in this case you have to select “Recover Lost Files”
- After clicking on “Recover Lost Files” option, it shows the SDHC card and other partition consisted in the computer hard drive. Then select the SDHC card, which you have connected to the computer
- After selecting SDHC card, it scans the entire drive and displays you all the list of lost files on the new window
- This software contains an inbuilt “Find” option. This helps you to find the lost files by its extension name like .jpg, .mp3, .mov, etc. If you don’t know the file extension you can skip the step.
- Then it shows all the previously lost files, you can overview all the lost files using preview option and select the file which you want to recover
- The recovered files can be stored on desired location
- If you are pleased with the result of this free demo version of SDHC card recovery software, then you can buy full version of this software
Features of SDHC Card Recovery software
SDHC Card Recovery software is the one of the maximum using and extremely competent tool and referred by most of the experts to recover data from corrupted SDHC card. This tool helps you to recover lost data from SDHC cards in some of the steps and within few minutes. By using this software you can recover all types of files like documents, image files, video files, audio files, etc. from the corrupted SDHC card. It supports to recover the lost files from Micro SD cards, external hard drives, flash drives, iPods, FireWire drives, etc.
Recovering of files from corrupted SDHC card is possible on all versions of Windows (Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows 8, and Windows 7) as well as Mac (Lion, Mountain Lion, Leopard, Snow leopard, Mavericks, Yosemite) Operating System. It consists of great feature called “Save Recovery Session” to resume/save the recovery session at any time during the recovery process. Because of this feature you no need to rescan the drive again.
The recovered data can be stored on the basis of file name, file size, extension, creation date and file type. With this software you can recover files from different types of memory cards like SD cards, SDXC, XD, MMC, memory sticks, etc., and also can recover data from various brands of SDHC cards which are available in the market such as SanDisk, Strontium, Toshiba, Sony etc.